Applying for a Scholarship
Scholarship Central has become the area’s one-stop shop to apply for local scholarships, adding new ones each year. With more than $400,000 in scholarships available in 2020, it’s students’ go-to website to earn money for college.
Scholarship Central is an online application platform that makes applying and scoring scholarship simple and easy for students and reviewers.
Starting January 1, students can begin applying for scholarships for the 2021-2022 Academic Year through Central Kentucky Community Foundation’s Scholarship Central. The application deadline for scholarships is March 1. You may register anytime on Scholarship Central.
All scholarship applications in Scholarship Central require the following documentation:
- Official transcript – provided by academic counselor
- ACT and/or SAT scores – provided by academic counselor
- Copy of your full Student Aid Report (SAR) when you complete the FAFSA (fafsa.ed.gov) – uploaded by applicant
- Copy of acceptance letter to college/university – uploaded by applicant
“It’s definitely worth your time. In the time it took me to apply for all the scholarships on Scholarship Central, I could only apply for one hand-written scholarship I picked up at my high school.”
– Selena Cepeda, 2019 Central Kentucky Community Foundation Scholarship to Elizabethtown Community and Technical College and the Dr. Linda Mayhew STEM Scholarship award winner
Some scholarships require additional documentation, which is listed on each application. Scholarship applicants must meet specific criteria for each scholarship. Award amounts and the number of awards are estimates and are subject to change from year to year.
Scholarship recipients will be announced at Celebrating Achievement, an annual awards dinner each year at the end of April.All recipients will be notified by email.
Most scholarships are for one academic year, but we offer some renewable scholarships as well.