Get Ready! Camp is going VIRTUAL for 2020!
Although we can’t meet in person this year, we’re excited Get Ready! Camp will continue in a virtual format! Camp is weekdays June 1 – 26.
Registration is required Wednesday at noon each week to reserve supplies for the following week’s instruction. Spaces are limited. Registration is taken on a first-come, first-served basis.
Registration for Week 4 is closed. If you did not register, but would still like a Grab Bag of Week 4 supplies, you can call 270-737-8393 after 2:30 p.m. on June 19 to see if there are extra.
Pickup sites for supplies will be each Friday.
- In Radcliff: 11 a.m.-Noon at North Hardin High School, 801 S. Logsdon Pkwy.
- In Elizabethtown: 1-2:30 p.m. at Central Kentucky Community Foundation, 200 Jim Owen Drive.
Watch Get Ready! Camp anytime. If you were unable to register for supplies but would still like to participate or you were unable to watch at 10 a.m., you can catch each day’s videos on our YouTube channel. Some Get Ready! Camp activities do not require supplies and, the ones that do, many of the supplies are common household items.
What to expect from Get Ready!
- Get Ready! Is designed to be interactive for parents/adults and children
- Tune in 1 day or every day. Tune in with us live as much as your schedule allows or watch the stream later when it is convenient for you
- Hands-on learning experiences for children and parents
- Learning through play
- Activities to do outside the scheduled virtual camp
- A unique learning experience
- Recognition of learning opportunities as you go throughout your normal day
- Determine how your child grows and develops
At Get Ready!, we hope you will take advantage of the opportunity to interact with your child as they learn through play. Our goal is to provide skills for you to continually expand your child’s learning.
What Is Get Ready! Camp?
- FREE summer program for children from birth to age 5
- Family awareness of how children learn through play
- Open to everyone
Central Kentucky Community Foundation brings together key stakeholders around a comprehensive and intentionally designed program to deliver quality learning experiences at a crucial time in children’s development. This collaboration among professionals, parents and community leaders is revolutionizing early childhood learning opportunities in our community.
Get Ready! Camp is designed with 3 outcomes in mind:
- Provide a unique learning opportunity for children
- Help parents discover how they can easily begin learning with their children
- Increase community awareness of the importance of early childhood learning
More than 427 children and 280 adults participated in Get Ready! Camp in 2019.
“This has been super entertaining and fun, and at the same time, educational, just as much for the adults as it is for the children. I hope that we can enjoy this program next year.”
– Get Ready! mother
Why Get Ready! Camp?
We must invest in exceptional early learning opportunities for every child if we are going to improve our educational outcomes as a state and country. But this isn’t just about measures and outcomes.
Parents deserve access to these opportunities to discover how to help their children learn; children deserve this investment when it can most affect their future.
The future of our communities depends upon this investment. Our communities are making a difference by coming together and addressing specific issues locally. And thus, Get Ready! offers all parents who have these desires for their children the opportunities to join their children in discovering the exciting world of learning and of believing in themselves.